Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Machinist - Afternoon Shift
Reference number: 972
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., a member of Jenoptik Group, located in Barrie Ontario Canada. As a Machinist, your skills and working experience include the following:
- Read and interpret drawings and determine work and/or repair procedures
- Set up and operate to prescribe tolerances on lathes, mills, surface grinders, and saws
- Select mechanical measuring, checking and layout tools and devices
- Execute measuring, checking and layout operations
- Perform metal removing operations using hand and power cutting tools
- Fit and assemble parts and sub-assemblies to build special-purpose machinery
- Some heavy lifting
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Completion of an apprenticeship program for Machinist and holds a General Machinist 429A Certificate of Qualification
- Minimum 5 years direct working experience
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380