Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Robotics Simulation Engineer/ Specialist
Reference number: 915
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., a member of Jenoptik Group, located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of robot programming and motion planning.
- Will be competent with most robotic manufacturer’s equipment (Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, Nachi).
- Experienced in the use of robot simulation and offline programming software (RoboGuide, Delmia)
- Experienced in performing simulation studies and tasks including,
- Interference and Reach validation
- Cycle time reports
- DCS (Virtual limiting) offline setup and safety audit sheets for validation purposes
- OLP creation and validation including
- Robot paths
- Weld seam identification, labelling and programming
- Resistance weld labelling and programming
- Adding kinematics to imported models
- Preparing customer documentation including AVI’s
- Possess the ability to set up I/O structures, robot start-up, and fieldbus networks.
- Arrange and provide direction to contracted simulation companies as necessary based on internal capacity constraints
- Responsible for all programming activities as well as assisting robotic tasks to completion.
- Participate in meetings for tooling design and development and work with the Process and Applications Group.
- Possess a thorough overall understanding of welding (mig, spot, and projection).
- Responsible for managing hours of work performed against budgets assigned to the project
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Robotic Simulation Specialist Key Professional Attributes:
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist/Technician in Robotics, or related field of study and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 7 plus years of practical experience
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380