Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 862
Location: Barrie, ON, Home Office
Responsibilities:We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., a member of Jenoptik Group, located in Barrie Ontario Canada.
We currently have a requirement for a Process Specialist to join our team. The Process Specialist will provide process/manufacturing expertise to all aspects of business, especially throughout our ongoing efforts to secure new business opportunities. The Process Specialist will report directly to the Director of Sales.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide quotations to Prodomax customers, including: developing concepts, cost estimating and documenting proposals
- Oversee and participate in analysis of incoming customer information, cycle-time chart preparation, system layouts, schedule development, proposal package preparation and presentation to customers, process FMEA and risk analysis
- Demonstrate a good understanding of relevant manufacturing processes, equipment cycle times and equipment cost
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of work results as well as obligation made by the organization to our customers
- Coordination with colleagues and suppliers to develop cost-effective and reliable process solutions
Qualified candidates will possess:Education:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in manufacturing and process development (i.e. assembly processes) and automation controls systems
- Experience with SolidWorks is an asset
In Addition to Company-Wide Personal Competencies:
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and AutoCAD
- Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of GD&T
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with internal and external customers
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize assignments and plan how best to sequence tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a team and independently as required
- Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn on the job
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380