Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 854
Location: Barrie, ON, Home Office
Responsibilities:Prodomax is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex automation with a blue-chip customer base and a tremendous track record since it was founded in 1971.
Prodomax operates from two facilities with a combined footprint of 200,000 square feet and 200+ employees in Barrie, Ontario.
In July 2018, Prodomax joined forces with Jenoptik with approximately 3,600 employees working from facilities in 80 countries. Jenoptik’s key capabilities include optics, lasers, metrology and automation servicing the automotive, life sciences and semi-conductor industries.
As a Capital Designer, you will provide systems and services layouts to the production team and will report directly to the Mechanical Design Manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide systems layouts for small, medium, and larger automated cells and systems
- Provide detailed designs for guarding, electrical and fluid power distribution hardware
- Perform safety systems analysis and provide designs for those systems
- Interpret and create mechanical drawings and plans
- Understand safety regulations and codes and apply them as required to layouts and designs
- Specify and purchase components for the Capital Engineering requirements for a project
- Coordinate with multidiscipline teams, take direction from others and give direction to others as required for each unique project
- Complete knowledge of Autocad and exposure to 3D cad software ‘Solidworks’ or similar software
Qualified candidates will possess:Education:
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist/Technician
- 2+ years of direct working experience with plant systems or other manufacturing processes
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Project, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380