Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Machine Assembler/Developer - Senior
Reference number: 574
Location: Barrie, ON
- JENOPTIK (Prodomax Automation Ltd.) is looking for a Machine Assembler/Developer. You will assemble and develop equipment in our automation projects to ensure that it meets all customer requirements (quality, cycle time, maintainability, etc.) and will report directly to the Production Manager.
Located in Barrie, Ontario, we are a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex automation with a blue-chip customer base since 1971. Operating from two facilities totaling 200,000 square feet with 200+ employees, we are proud to announce we received final ISO 90001 certification in February 2021.
JENOPTIK is an integrated photonics company that employs approximately 4,000 people with representatives in over 80 countries, and operates in three photonic-based divisions: Light and Optics, Light and Production and Light and Safety.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, amateur chefs, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, kayakers, race-car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, TV & potato chip experts.
Fact we are very proud of - we are a diverse and inclusive work culture - everyone is welcome!
Senior Machine Assembler/Developer Key Accountabilities:
- Interact with shop floor and design personnel for engineering issues/drawing updates to aid in machine build activities
- Ensure all work activities are completed according to the procedures or best practice
- Maintain quality, generate issues lists related to the equipment, and provide that feedback to the necessary departments
- Build to print activities, including mechanical assembly, plumbing, guarding assembly, etc.
- Develop tools to the point that customer parts are being produced within the required geometric tolerances and within the required cycle time
- Work within the project team to provide feedback to engineering to improve machine build efficiency and reduce cost
- Utilize fundamentals in machine build practices and GD&T analysis to help engineering design equipment that will be cost effective and meet our customer needs
- Travel to customer sites to install or service equipment at their facility, and be part of the team that starts up the equipment and completes the job onsite
Qualified candidates will possess:Key Professional Attributes:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have 10+ years of experience in one of the following trades: Machinist, Tool & Die, Millwright or equivalent
- Experience in building and trouble-shooting automated assembly equipment
- Forklift and Fall Arrest Licenses are preferred
- Experience with mills, lathes and other tool room equipment
- Experience/general understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with interpretation of mechanical and fluid power schematic drawings
- Experience working to close tolerances and making equipment adjustments to meet those tolerances
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment with dynamic requirements
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing bonus
- Comprehensive Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Employee training, development, tuition and professional fees reimbursement
- Subsidized onsite café with takeout meals by Gus, the best chef ever.
- Partial tuition reimbursement for employees’ children enrolled in technical program at recognized Canadian college/university
- Annual performance review
- Safe, professional work environment
- Casual business dress
- $3,000 (Senior) $2,000 (Intermediate) and $1,000 (Junior) referral fees if you recommend an approved permanent hire – family & friends included
- Safety shoes and safety glasses reimbursement
- Prodomax Employee Excellence Recognition (PEER) Awards
Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise your Human Resources contact when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380