Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Mechanical Designer - Senior
Reference number: 546
Location: Barrie, ON
- Prepare detailed jig and machine design concepts using part data and GDT drawings
- Specify appropriate purchased components for mechanical assemblies
- Produce machine design models, drawings and bills of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies or product, using Solidworks 3D solid modeling software
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CSA or customer specific)
- Manage and interface with outside design contractors
Perform load and stress calculations if required
- Mentor and lead junior designers
As a Senior Mechanical Designer, you will provide mechanical design team solutions for the automated systems we build and develop and will report directly to the Mechanical Design Manager.
Senior Mechanical Designer Key Accountabilities:
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technician/Technologist Diploma
- 5 - 8+ years of direct working experience with automated welding and assembly equipment
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380