Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Reference number: 3602
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Responsibilities:RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Prepares and packages products for shipments to customers
- Assembles containers for product handling, storage, preservation, and shipment
- Generate necessary shipping paperwork for customers in ERP system such as but not limited to:
- Packing List
- Certificate of Conformance
- Address/product labels
- Determine shipping method via UPS/FedEx and/or freight as required
- Document all outgoing shipments for manufactured goods/product returns/consignment, etc.
- Maintain ample shipping supplies (boxes, tape, labels, etc.) within department to avoid any shipping delays
- Open and verify products received from outside suppliers against accompanied shipping documentation and original order
- Verify quantity, product identification and inspection data, as applicable, have been received against the order
- Receive incoming supplies within the company ERP system against the products received
- Document all incoming shipments from suppliers
- Note any discrepancies of parts received and contact appropriate personnel
- Move product and/or documentation to the appropriate department with receiving paperwork
- Document customer supplied products received and shipped back to customers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess:REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be conscientious and detail oriented.
- Good computer skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Hard working.
- Team Player.
- U.S. Citizenship or Qualified U.S. Worker
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Jenoptik is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.