Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 3447
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:As our growth continues, we are looking to hire an experienced Procurement Specialist. You will be supported by a state of the art Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment, will coordinate required activities that occur before, during, and after purchases.
Located in Barrie, Ontario, we are a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex automation with a blue-chip customer base since 1971. Operating from two facilities totaling 200,000 square feet with 200+ employees, we are proud to announce we received final ISO 90001 certification in February 2021.
JENOPTIK is an integrated photonics company that employs approximately 4,000 people with representatives in over 80 countries, and operates in three photonic-based divisions: Light and Optics, Light and Production and Light and Safety.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, amateur chefs, video game heroes, care-givers, musicians, community volunteers, kayakers, race-car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, TV & potato chip experts.
We are a diverse and inclusive work culture - everyone is welcome!
- Create purchase orders - Daily processing of all shop and purchase orders and co-ordinate on-dock dates with projects team.
- Interact with Multiple Teams - Work closely with the projects team to help plan procurement details for multiple projects.
- Expedite - Ensure follow-up on time sensitive orders and late orders.
- Contract Negotiation - Negotiator extraordinaire – able to secure the best pricing, terms and delivery options for each product or service.
- Cost Analysis - Obtain goods at the right cost to ensure company profitability.
- Inventory Control - Oversee the inventory of raw materials or other goods, and place orders when supplies run low.
- Project Future Needs - Strategize with multiple departments and suppliers to ensure the company’s future needs will be seamlessly met.
- Research - Evaluate and compare products and services to determine which best meet the company’s needs
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Diploma/Degree in a related field preferred
- Additional certification in the field of procurement desired
- 5 plus years of direct manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing bonus
- Comprehensive Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Employee training, development, tuition and professional fees reimbursement
- Subsidized onsite café with takeout meals by Gus, the best chef everJ
- Partial tuition reimbursement for employees’ children enrolled in technical program at recognized Canadian college/university
- Annual performance review
- Safe, professional work environment
- Casual business dress
- $3,000 (Senior) $2,000 (Intermediate) and $1,000 (Junior) referral fees if you recommend an approved permanent hire – family & friends included
- Safety shoes and safety glasses reimbursement
- Prodomax Employee Excellence Recognition (PEER) Awards
Jenoptik Barrie is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise your Human Resources contact when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380