Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 3388
Location: Jupiter, FL
Responsibilities:RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Perform quality control verification using measuring, inspection and test (MIT) equipment.
- Provide technical support for Mechanical Inspection/ Optics Metrology/Electronic test functions and methods including verification and validation plans, including the alignment of supplier provided quality data with specifications and purchasing requirements.
- Take a lead role in identifying adverse quality trends in Supplier performance, in process and out-bound quality levels with the responsibility to drive the necessary internal and external corrective actions.
- Lead quality representative in material review (non-conforming product) process and controls.
- Take the lead in the investigation, root cause analysis and implementation of Corrective and Preventive actions (CAPA) in support of production Quality Control, customer complaints and service/repair activities.
- Create, implement and maintain quality control process measures including the application of SPC.
- Plan, participate and follow up on internal external and customer centric quality audits and improvement projects.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess:Key qualifications:
- BS (MS preferred) degree in a relevant technical field of study, i.e. Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 4 - 5 years’ minimum experience in QA/QC for support of design transfer, product manufacturing and release activities of very tight tolerance mechanical components Precision Optics and electronic assemblies.
- 4 - 5 years’ experience in a quality or engineering role in a manufacturing environment; medical device/defense/automotive industry experience preferred.
- Quality experience within an industry recognized Quality Management System such as ISO9001, ISO13485,
- IATF 16949, AS9001.
- Must meet or exceed the requirements and expectations of the Quality Engineer Level I job description.
- Must be able to understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of mechanical drawings with the ability to comprehend and interpret industry/engineering standards.
- Possesses knowledge and the application of; quality tools and methods for quality control and improvement projects. This includes hand-on experience with verification and validation methods (i.e. Gage R & R, IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Must be a team player who is willing to work long hours (if needed) and be flexible to support other departments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Interacts well with others throughout the organization.
- Computer proficiency; including using Microsoft WORD and EXCEL. ERP (SAP) experience helpful.
- U.S. Citizenship is required, due to government contract requirements.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Vision must be correctable so that employee may visually detect scratches and digs. And initial vision equity testing may be required and performed annually.
Some domestic travel (10% - 20%) may be required to meet job duties and responsibilities.
Jenoptik is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.