Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 3120
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
The Service Technician is responsible for providing hands-on and remote technical support to JENOPTIK customers. You will be part of an elite team of specialists who are responsible for timely installation and startup of high tech equipment. You will also provide ongoing support to existing installations for troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, repair, training and programming of JENOPTIK measuring systems. As part of the service team you will be self-motivated, and will demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude when service our customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Install, program, calibrate, maintain and repair systems and machinery.
- Train customers in the operation and maintenance of our instruments and gaging systems.
- Program and run-off customer specific applications.
- Troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform periodic calibrations on equipment in customer facilities throughout North America and Internationally.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Daily time reporting with allocations to proper cost centers to support finance.
- Weekly expense reports itemizing all business expenses, purpose and cost center allocations.
Qualified candidates will possess:Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma / GED required. Mechanical Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma in mechatronics, manufacturing methods or similar is preferred or 15+ years of relevant experience.
- 3 – 5 years of industrial/manufacturing experience in a customer support role.
- Programming experience with PLC’s (ladder logic) and/or structured text languages (e.g. C++) would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and adapt to changing work schedules
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record provided annually
- Able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Understanding of installing drivers, software, and hardware
- Knowledge of geometric tolerances
- Electromechanical aptitude
The physical requirements must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Vision must be correctable so that employee may visually detect scratches and digs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Jenoptik is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.