Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Senior Controls Engineer
Reference number: 3109
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITIES (Includes but not limited to):
- Review customer specifications and ensure designs meet specifications
- Participate in project reviews and meetings, both internal and external
- Interface with Project Management, Mechanical Design Team, and Assembly Team to ensure quality design and build
- Create hardware designs in AutoCAD format (E-Plan or ACAD electrical a plus)
- Create PLC and HMI programs according to customer specifications, from reference or developed from scratch
- Work with Robot Programmers and Assembly Technicians to provide properly functioning systems as sold and designed.
- Answer questions from electricians and pipefitters and provide design markups
- Ensure safety systems function as designed
- Start-up and commissioning of systems on customer floor
- Track deliverables and purchased components for on time delivery
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report controls design progress on assigned project to controls engineering lead
- Hardware and software design deliverables at key milestones.
- Functioning system per customer specifications.
- Self-starting, motivated individual.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Active listener who is assertive, authentic, and communicates with open mindedness, empathy, and clarity.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, travel, and work at customer sites.
Qualified candidates will possess:EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- AutoCAD, (AutoCAD Electrical or E-Plan experience a plus)
- PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Siemens Step7, TIA Portal or other controllers.
- HMI programming experience with Allen Bradley FactoryTalk and Siemens WinCC
- Experience with pc based HMI’s a plus
- Engineering or Engineering Technology/Technician degree, or related field of study and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with drives and servo controllers
- Robotic programming experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Vision system experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to travel for business both domestically and internationally
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.