Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Process / Mechanical Engineer
Reference number: 3089
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
The Process / Mechanical Engineer will provide process/manufacturing expertise for Automation and Laser Processing equipment. This position will be able to help develop proposal processes, refine sales processes, produce and maintain process deliverable packages per customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITIES (Include but not limited to):
- Demonstrate a good understanding of relevant manufacturing processes, equipment cycle times and equipment cost
- Coordination with colleagues and suppliers to develop cost-effective and reliable process solutions
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective automated manufacturing processes for joining, cutting and handling of automotive parts
- Define, analyze and maintain product information throughout the processing phase
- Participate in the development of PLP’s, weld studies, Sequence of Operation Sheets
- Ability to update system layouts and work with other engineers to manage the system layout during the processing phase.
- Create product sequence sheets (flow charts).
- Create and maintain time studies (machine & operator).
- Attend and participate in PFMEA and R&M meetings.
- Participate in the design and detailing of tooling.
- Participate in the design and detailing of system layouts.
- Create material BOM’s for purchase and manufacturing details.
- Collaborate with global Jenoptik Automation, Laser Processing and Metrology teams to build and expand the design library
- Ensure timely completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Ensure designs meet customer specifications and are within the sold scope of the job.
- Participate in design reviews with the customer.
- Support mechanical assembly of the tools and systems.
- Assist the Project Manager and Estimating with engineering change content and cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Process flow diagrams and process description PowerPoints.
- Man/Machine Cycle Time charts.
- Sequence of operations, including weld, cut or torque sequences.
- Functioning system per customer specifications.
- Process layouts.
- Product overlays and load sequence images.
- Achievement of all project performance and timeline milestones
- Pragmatic, respectful leader with demonstrated ability to guide and influence others towards a common goal and objective
- Expert level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Active listener who is assertive, authentic, and communicates with open mindedness, empathy, and clarity
- Ability to visualize and communicate process solutions with detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of various design software
- High level of expertise in automated equipment.
Qualified candidates will possess:EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering Degree, Engineering Technology/Technician, or related field of study and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of automotive production equipment design related experience.
- Experience creating man/machine charts
- Experience participating in PFMEA reviews; Leading PFMEA meetings would be a positive note but not required.
- Ability to business travel domestically and internationally
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.