Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 3078
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities:The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in various technical and administrative tasks related to recurring and non-recurring projects. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of light construction projects, including all administrative tasks to ensure deadlines and compliance requirements are met. Project Coordinator will be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved. Other specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create/ Manage Purchase orders
• Prepare monthly billing invoices
• Managing and organizing project documentation and contracts
• Managing and tracking project equipment orders, logging dates and following up with vendors
• Advising senior management on matters requiring escalation.
• Providing daily support to project team as directed by management
• Distribute as-built drawings
• Arrange project meetings and take meeting minutes.
• Produce weekly Construction schedules and update clients
The selected person will also be responsible for any administrative tasks as required including ordering office materials, office maintenance, and other miscellaneous tasks. This position requires a high attention to detail and very strong organizational ability. We are looking for someone preferably with a technical or construction background who has experience with project lifecycles, and managing a variety of tasks/projects with different deadlines. The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas to the table and have a positive attitude.
Secondary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
1. Assisting Business Manager with budgeting and reporting
2. Finding new vendors and assisting with negotiating pricing
3. Assist with organizing internal paperwork/filing
Qualified candidates will possess:POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: Construction, Technical, or IT related degree/diploma (ideal but not required)
• Two years of working experience within a technical/engineering/construction environment
• Two years Project Coordination / Project Administrator experience
• Strong understanding of the project management processes
• Experience with SAP is highly preferred
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• A high level of Excel functionality (conditional formatting, formulas, pivot charts, etc.) is strongly preferred.
• G2 or G class driver’s license required
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation of work output.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
• Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
• Experience in project analysis and data collection from SAP ERP database, or equivalent, is preferred.
• Team player with a strong desire to learn and advance individual skillset.
• Ability to multitask and manage work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent attention to detail, paperwork organization; and problem-solving skills
• Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate with clients, subtrades, and coworkers
• Must possess excellent ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of work organization
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Jenoptik is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.