Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Process Manufacturing Engineer
Reference number: 2899
Location: Jupiter, FL
Responsibilities:The Process Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support and continuous improvement to the production assembly environment for products and processes in order to maximize production efficiency. This includes maintaining and enforcing the high quality standards of components and products produced through understanding the needs of the customer.
The position will focus on the post launch aspects of product life cycle management and will be responsible for manufacturing sustaining activities to drive continuous improvement, cost reduction, and on-time delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Create, support, and improve the processes and procedures for the assembly and testing of lens assemblies and opto-mechanical based systems.
• Participate in troubleshooting, root cause, and corrective action processes as required.
• Design experiments, perform analytical measurements, and interpret results of system and sub-system level testing to qualify or resolve product and process issues.
• Create and conduct verification & validation protocols to qualify new or improved materials, adhesives, processes, or products.
• Act as technical leader while interfacing between Engineering, Quality, Production and System Test to provide constructive feedback and assist in verifying designs to meet internal and customer requirements.
• Assist with Engineering Change Order implementation activities including scrap analysis, material disposition, update work instructions and test requirement changes.
• Update documentation via Engineering Change Order process including maintaining engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, assembly procedures and design validation plans.
• Monitor, review, and enhance flow of work within the facility by utilizing LEAN principles to ensure timely shipment of customer orders.
• Ensure assembly personnel, supervisors, and in-line inspectors are clearly trained on products and procedures; advising on assembly techniques and identifying critical features and functions.
• Provide feedback to engineering on manufacturability, product concerns, and improvement ideas for design standards.
• Identify, specify, and acquire appropriate equipment and essential assembly tools and fixtures.
• Utilize automation where possible to improve the assembly process.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess:REQUIREMENTS:
• BS in Industrial, Mechanical or Optical Engineering,
• 3+ years of related experience in a production/manufacturing environment
• Experienced in LEAN manufacturing principles and their implementation into a manufacturing environment
• Experienced with quality improvement tools and techniques (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and FMEA)
• Experienced with engineering drawing for machine fabrication and assembly, including geometric tolerancing, classification of fits.
• Exposure/familiarity with ERP software, preferably SAP
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Ability to work with others in complex management matrix structure
• Must possess the following “soft skills”: attention to detail, clear communicator, customer focus, negotiation, prioritization/multitasking, problem-solver/decision-maker, team player
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines required
• U.S. Citizenship or Qualified U.S. Worker
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.