Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Electrical Designer - Senior - Prodomax
Reference number: 2662
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:JENOPTIK (Prodomax Automation Ltd.) is hiring an Electrical Designer - Senior.
As a Senior Electrical Designer, you will design and document automation controlled systems for the manufacturing environment with an emphasis on the automotive industry and will report directly to the Electrical Design Manager.
Located in Barrie, Ontario, we are a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex automation with a blue-chip customer base since 1971. Operating from two facilities totaling 200,000 square feet with 200+ employees, we are proud to announce we received final ISO 90001 certification in February 2021.
JENOPTIK is an integrated photonics company that employs approximately 4,000 people with representatives in over 80 countries, and operates in three photonic-based divisions: Light and Optics, Light and Production and Light and Safety.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, amateur chefs, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, kayakers, race-car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, TV & potato chip experts.
Fact we are very proud of - we are a diverse and inclusive work culture - everyone is welcome!
- Design Automated PLC control systems using AutoCAD Electrical and Eplan incorporating equipment from manufacturers such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and Omron
- Provide design documentation including:
- Component specifications and approval based on customer requirements
- Safety Architecture and plan layouts for safety audit purposes
- Safety calculations for light curtain areas as well as safety network response times
- Load calculations on power distribution panels, control power supplies as well as resistance and mig weld systems
- Provide Bill of Materials based on system design
- Assist with floor level support during build with respect to design changes
- Coordinate with other disciplines to streamline delivery
- Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met
- Validate system safeties function as designed
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist/Technician (BSc. P. Eng. or CET.)
- Minimum 8 years direct working experience
- Good understanding of other project disciplines (i.e. Fluid Power, Mechanical Design)
- Working knowledge of PLC architecture including discrete and remote I/O
- Working knowledge of communication networks (Devicenet, Ethernet IP, RIO, Profibus)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software with Acad Electrical preferred
- Capable of performing load calculations for resistance welding, Mig welding and assembly production lines
- Direct experience with control reliable circuits and Safety PLC Systems and knowledge of the applicable safety standards with respect to automated equipment
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing bonus
- Comprehensive Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Employee training, development, tuition and professional fees reimbursement
- Subsidized onsite café with takeout meals by Gus, the best chef everJ
- Partial tuition reimbursement for employees’ children enrolled in technical program at recognized Canadian college/university
- Annual performance review
- Safe, professional work environment
- Remote work available
- Casual business dress
- $1,000 referral fee if you recommend an approved permanent hire – family & friends included
- Safety shoes and safety glasses reimbursement
- Prodomax Employee Excellence Recognition (PEER) Awards
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380