Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 2625
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:JENOPTIK (Prodomax Automation Ltd.) is hiring a Senior Controls Specialist in Barrie, Ontario. The Senior Controls Specialist will report directly to the Controls/Electrical Design/Robotics Manager.
As a Senior Controls Specialist, you will program, develop and troubleshoot PLC controlled automation systems designed for the manufacturing environment with an emphasis on the automotive industry.
We support growth within our Team Members and promote from within whenever possible.
Located in Barrie, Ontario, we are a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex automation with a blue-chip customer base since 1971. Operating from two facilities totaling 200,000 square feet with 200+ employees, we are proud to announce we received final ISO 90001 certification in February 2021.
JENOPTIK is an integrated photonics company that employs approximately 4,000 people with representatives in over 80 countries, and operates in three photonic-based divisions: Light and Optics, Light and Production and Light and Safety.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, amateur chefs, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, kayakers, race-car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, TV & potato chip experts.
Fact we are very proud of - we are a diverse and inclusive work culture - everyone is welcome!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Program PLC’s and HMI’s in an automotive automation environment utilizing:
- Allen Bradley Logix based programming software
- Allen Bradley HMI development software
- Siemens Step 7 based PLC programming software
- Siemens Win CC Flexible based HMI development software
- Troubleshoot complex automation
- Coordinate with other disciplines to streamline delivery
- Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met; and
- Validate system safeties function as designed.
Qualified candidates will possess:Senior Controls Specialist Key Professional Attributes:
- Minimum 6 years direct working experience
- Working knowledge of Safety PLC Systems and Safety Standards
- Working knowledge of communication networks (Devicenet, Ethernet IP, I/O Link, Profibus)
- Direct experience with robot integration and understanding of robot programming
- Direct experience with multiple process types (Assembly, MIG Welding, Spot Welding); and safety circuit design.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380