Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Director Sales North America, L&P
Reference number: 2345
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
The Director Sales NA will lead sales teams for the Light & Production Division in Canada and USA. You will be responsible for achieving annual sales budgets and year over year growth objectives in JENOPTIK’s target markets.
The Director of Sales NA will promote collaboration among cross-functional teams, locally and internationally, to achieve a cooperative team approach in the management of our Key Accounts.
The ideal candidate brings expertise in automotive capital equipment sales with specific knowledge of automation processes, laser processing and/or metrology processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITIES (Include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for Order Entry, Revenue, Business Development, and Key Account Management for NA.
- Lead multiple teams responsible for pipeline generation, forecasting, quoting, revenue achievement per reporting unit, and winning new business.
- Ensure high performing sales teams by defining the team structure, roles and responsibilities, staffing, training and coaching their success.
- Monitor and report market intelligence including competitive landscape, SWOT analysis, competitor analysis and win/loss analysis.
- Develop new business growth opportunities by pursuing multiple industries and driving diversification.
- Support the sales teams with contract negotiations, terms and conditions and strategic positioning by interfacing directly with prospects and customers.
- Implement the global divisional strategy in North America to achieve local objectives.
- Cooperate closely with the other sales teams, and business leaders, in the US and in Germany.
- Develop relationships with decision makers at key customer accounts.
- Attend conferences and tradeshows
- Bi-annual market trend and strategy presentation to senior management
- Quarterly and yearly forecasting reporting
- Weekly and monthly pipeline reporting
- Active/regular engagement with Key Accounts to establish high-level relationships
- Accuracy of forecasting
- Achievement of OE and revenue budgets
- Growth in new markets and customers
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Pragmatic, respectful leader with demonstrated ability to guide and influence their team towards a common goal and objective
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Expert level interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately forecast sales
- Active listener who is assertive, authentic, and communicates with open mindedness, empathy, and clarity
- Advanced computer, CRM and social media skills
- College/University Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
- 12+ years of automotive industry experience, ideally with an OEM, Tier-1, 2, or 3.
- Experience to leading high performing sales teams utilizing business tools for communications, tracking and monitoring.
- Flexibility to business travel domestic and overseas (approximately 30-60%)
- Expert command of written and spoken is English is required - German, Spanish or French is an asset.
- The ideal candidate brings a sound understanding of the Automotive industry (landscape, processes, network, expertise, habits) having worked for an OEM and Tier-1/2
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Passport
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.