Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 1501
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., located in Barrie, Ontario Canada.
As Process Engineer, you will provide process/manufacturing expertise on a variety of welding and assembly automation projects. The Process Engineer will report directly to the Mechanical Design Manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Create detailed process flow and manufacturing plans, including: developing concepts, researching new manufacturing technologies.
• Oversee and participate in analyzing incoming customer information, system layouts.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of relevant manufacturing processes, equipment cycle times and equipment cost.
• Provide detailed cycle time analysis for automated equipment and operator work flow.
• Interface with suppliers and vendors of specialized automation and manufacturing components.
• Lead process simulation activities.
• Detailed weld process analysis and improvement.
Qualified candidates will possess:Key Personal Competencies:
• Bachelor degree or diploma in an engineering discipline preferred
• Manufacturing and process development experience particularly with MIG and Resistance welding systems
• Experience with jig and fixture design
• Experience with automation control systems and industrial robotics
• Experience with SolidWorks and Autocad
• Experience with GD&T drawings
• Excellent communication and human relation skills are required as candidate will be working closely with many project teams, and will be providing/soliciting additional technical support to and from other disciplines in and outside of Prodomax
Process Engineer Demonstrates:
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and AutoCAD;
• Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints;
• Ability to motivate fellow team members in a positive manner;
• Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment;
• Excellent conflict resolutions skills;
• Excellent judgment and strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to understand the financial impact of relevant options;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Positive attitude and work well as a member of a team; and
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a disciplined approach to work.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380