Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Controllers (2) - Prodomax Automation - A member of the Jenoptik Group
Reference number: 1380
Location: Barrie, ON
Responsibilities:We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., a member of Jenoptik Group, located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
We are excited to build the Prodomax Team to support continued growth in Automation & Integration in North America and have a requirement for two (2) Controllers. The Controllers will prepare analyses of company data in coordination with the Director of Finance. The work area includes cross-divisional processes in the JENOPTIK Automatisierungstechnik GmbH and/or its subsidiaries (including foreign companies assigned to the BU). For this purpose, there is an independent exchange of information with the adjacent areas of management, financial accounting, sales, research & development, production and purchasing.
In the role of Controller, you will be responsible for accounting projects in conjunction with Project Teams. You have experience with budgeting and forecasting, treasury, audit and risk management. You offer operational support and work to implement and optimize systems and processes while coaching and developing your Finance team.
Your experience includes:
- Expertise in reviewing financial statements and reports for trends and errors
- Calculating and monitoring labour and overhead rates
- Maintaining and improving simplified reconciliation templates/tools for Finance Team
- Identifying, analyzing and reconciling difficult accounting issues
- IFRS accounting rules and application
- Transfer pricing
- Working on a Finance Team in a public company
- Building comprehensive budgeting and forecasting models incorporating business drivers
- Supporting various audits including annual financial, compliance and tax
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns and current and deferred tax provisions
- Identifying and implementing KPIs in an organization.
- ERP implementation and optimization
- Preparation and implementation of workflows and policies
- Customs - performing or reviewing analysis to support NAFTA to USA, Mexico or Canada
- Supervising, coaching and developing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff
- Collaboration to support business decision making with other departments
- Verbal skills to explain complex financial subjects in lay person terms
- ability to facilitate group discussions that result in actionable outcomes
- working with a high level of accuracy and productivity
- seeking an in-depth understanding of the business from multiple sources
- working well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ensuring balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow and KPI are budgeted, forecasted and accounted for accurately
Qualified candidates will possess:
- University Degree in related field with 5+ years of practical experience
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with internal and external customers
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize assignments and plan how best to sequence tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a team and independently as required
- Possess drive and motivation to learn continuously on the job
- High energy and the flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380